Join our team
Looking for a fun job in Maine?
Inn By The River is always looking for fun, energetic and friendly personnel to join our team of hospitality professionals! It is a philosophy of ours that it is the people that make the difference and we are searching for qualified individuals that want to make a difference and not just collect a paycheck. If you are searching for an entertaining and challenging career opportunity in the hospitality and restaurant industry, then look no further and apply today!
Excellent benefit opportunities depending on status: PTO, health, life, and disability insurance, 401k, vacation, discounts on retail and food, complimentary use of outdoor sports equipment and discounts on activities.
- Marketing/Social Media Team
For more information:
The Innkeeper of Inn By The River is responsible for all aspects of operations at the Inn, to day-to-day staff management and guests. The manager is an ambassador of our brand and Inn By The River, providing leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximizing operations and guest satisfaction. The Innkeeper is responsible for training and supervision of department leaders and staff members where applicable, as well as overseeing scheduling techniques and implementation. The Innkeeper is responsible to manage budgeting and profitability of the Inn and restaurant.
Key Objectives / Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, motivating and supervising staff
- Payroll & Human Resource liaison
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining financial records and submitting to accounting
- Oversee and plan maintenance and grounds work and projects around room bookings, inclusive of shut down/opening and daily safety, function, and appearance.
- Manage reservations for the property, along with reservations team.
- Manage and develop schedules for BOH and FOH
- Oversee all operations of The Riverside Restaurant and Pub
- Guest Relations
- Sourcing supplies, hard goods, soft goods for Inn operations and Retail
- Revenue Management- rate generation, 3rd party booking agents, in house system.
- Oversee and manage orders, inventory and POS system restaurant and Retail areas.
- Oversee general appearance of building, employee compliance.
- Assist with staffing gaps when needed.
- Oversee and work with Human Resources department to develop and update procedural manuals, checklists, safety and emergency protocols.
- Develop marketing strategies for packages, menus, events with the Marketing Team for all marketing needs.
- Coordinate Wedding Tastings and correspondence, invoices, quotes for wedding requests and tastings.
- Daily reports
- Housekeeping daily plan
- Assist staff where needed
- Check-ins and Inspections when needed of all check-in rooms
- Financial audits and deposits
- Payroll and Staff audits
- Guest Requests and issues
- Calendar updates, events, scheduling check
- Restaurant specials
- Staff communication
Job Type: Full-time Seasonal
Pay: Salary or hourly based on experience
Clean Team Members
Our Clean Team Housekeeping Department is looking to hire energetic and passionate members and a lead position for part-time and full-time seasonal and possible year-round work with benefits. Join our team and have FUN at work!
A Clean Team Member’s goal is to provide the utmost comfortable, safe, and clean environment for our guests’ “home away from home” while staying in one of our rooms/cabins/bunkhouses at the Inn by the River. Team training will ensure all standards are carried out safely, with the proper tools and equipment, and efficiently for the comfort of our guests.
Send us your resume today!
Competitive pay plus tips, paid time off, and bonus potential.
We are happy to train any motivated individual! We look forward to hearing from you.
Day shift/Weekend schedule
20-29 hours per week
$13.80 – $16.50 / hour
Breakfast / Lunch-Prep Cook
Seasonal positions available with opportunities for year round employment!
Inn By the River is looking for an experienced breakfast cook who shares our team spirit and love of the outdoors.
-Preparing consistent quality meals for our guests.
-Good communication while working with your team of kitchen crew and front of house staff.
-Practicing good hygiene and safe food handling techniques is expected.
-Reliable and helpful
Having an “I’d love to” attitude. Our guests’ satisfaction and team collaboration is always our top priority.
Excellent training program and room for growth.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary Pay: $13.80 to $16.00 /hour
We are looking for experienced Servers who share our love of the outdoors and Maine’s natural beauty.
Your primary responsibility as one of our team will be to ensure our guests have a fantastic experience while they are staying or visiting us.
In order to achieve that you must:
Greet and thank every one of our guests with a smile as you encounter them upon arrival and departure.
Be friendly and proactive in assisting our guests with their wants and needs.
Have the desire to perform your job at the highest standards.
Be punctual, professional, responsible, and accountable at all times.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: Server wage plus excellent gratuities